Sweet Potato Crust Quiche:
Makes 2 Full Pie Pans
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 bell pepper (color of choice) (optional)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 small poblano pepper (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 14 – 16 large eggs
- thinly sliced baby Swiss cheese (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Grease both pie pans with coconut oil
- Thinly slice the sweet potato
- Place sweet potato evenly in the bottom of pie pan as the crust & lightly salt. Do not exceed a half an inch thick.
- Put a small amount of coconut oil on top of sweet potatoes and place in the oven for 5 min.
- Chop peppers, mushrooms & onion
- Saute peppers, mushrooms & onion together in coconut oil until done. Drain any excess liquid from the mushrooms.
- Split mixture evenly between the two pie pans. Spread evenly over the sweet potato.
- Whisk 7-8 eggs
- Pour eggs over one of the pie pans ingredients. & repeat steps 7-8 for the second pie pan.
- Salt & pepper each pie pan to taste
- Add cheese evenly over the 2 pie pans
- Bake for 20 min at 350 degrees or until knife comes out clean
- Let cool and serve while still warm