I love to cook but struggle to find time in my current schedule to do so. Not wanting to slip back into the ease of bad eating habits, I found this simple salmon recipe that has that special combo I was looking for, quick and delicious!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 2 (5 oz) pieces of salmon (skin on or off)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup orange marmalade
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon Water
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a medium saucepan whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, orange marmalade, garlic, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Slowly stir into the marinade and bring to a boil over medium high heat until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Warm a large nonstick skillet with oil over medium-low heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Lightly brush some of citrus mixture.
- Cook until golden brown on 1 side, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp if desired, about 3 minutes more.
- Transfer Salmon to plate and brush with citrus mixture ( as little of as much as you like!)
- Enjoy with your choice of grain and/or veggie!
*Honestly, the triple citrus glaze works well on most proteins, especially seafood. Try on grilled chicken or as a marinade for tofu.
Written By: Torrie O’neal
Founder of The Mighty Dames